God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.


Friday, July 20, 2007

Do it yourself floor heating.

We have cold winters and ceramic tiles gets really cold in winters. We heard and read about floor warming products. As we had concrete slab underneath laying water pipes was hard. We selected electrical heating pads. We took this adventure on our own. It was worth it. In winter when outside is 20 deg F the floor is 82 deg F. You love standing on it barefoot. Kids bring their books and just sit on this warm floor and do the homework. We share our installation experience below.

Installing radiant heating under ceramic tiles.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonder! I never thought about heating tiles. I had an uncle that had vents near the ground right near the tiles, but they never did really keep the tiles nice and warm. This is a wonderful home improvement project. The kitchen looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I once done this to my Garden floor and I like the result.

Anonymous said...

Heated floors are actually quite nice, especially on those winter nights. They can get a little pricey with the heater on all day, but its perfect for those that love their toes nice and warm.

Unknown said...

I don't normally comment on blogs but your post was a real call to action. Thank you for a great read, I will be sure to bookmark your site and check in now and again.

Online Garden Furniture

thibaut fabric said...

I love the idea of heated floors living in the Southwest of the US in December and January it gets really cold here and I am renovating my bathrooms right now and thinking about installing these in both of my new bathrooms.