God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.


Monday, September 17, 2012

Killing mosquitoes with organic control or Permethrin based pesticide.

We have lot of mosquitoes this year in our back yard.  I avoid using chemicals in my yard.  With lot o West Nile virus in news, I tried to get rid of mosquitoes.

I tried following two products.  I went with Ecosmart first.  No effect at all.  Next day the yard was full of mosquitoes.  I think this was wastage of money.

Then I tried Bonide Mosquito beater.  I tried about 10 days back.  For one week it had good effect.  Now I can see mosquito creeping back again.  I will try this product again and see the results.

Bonide Mosquito beater covered more area than Ecosmart.  I used the same hose and it seems Bonide lasted for longer time as I sprayed.



32 oz. Mosquito and Tick (Quart)Ecosmart 32 oz. concentrate organic mosquito and tick control kills and repels mosquitoes, ticks and other nuisance pests. The concentrate comes in a ready-to-use spray bottle that connects to your garden hose. The organic, non-toxic formula is safe to use around children and pets. This 32 oz. Bottle will treat up to 5,000 sq. ft. of your yard.

Mosquito Beater RTS Mosquito Beater RTS
2.5% Permethrin Kills and repels mosquitoes, flies, gnats...1qt. protects 5000 sq. ft. Simply attach to garden hose and apply. Low odor, water based Permethrin.

I am looking in to foggers to get rid of mosquitoes.  Electric foggers sound s good as I can cover my whole yard with extension cord.  I am not sure about side effects.

No comments: