God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.


Friday, November 6, 2009

Radiant Heating and Ceramic Tiles

Joe posted following comment on Nov 5
This is a cool idea. I can imagine the feeling one have having warm floors in winter. This blog inspires me to have radiant heating. How are the ceramic tiles doing? Does the heat crack them?

Joe

November 5, 2009 5:54 AM

These tiles were installed in 2006 and so far no cracks.  Grout has come out of one place which is normal.  I have to fix it . 


Needs little bit of grouting.

Heat is turned back on as temperature in our area have started to come down.  It is setup to 82F (27.7C) for morning and evening when kitchen is being used.  I reduced it to 78F (25.5C) manually before taking the picture.  This thermostat needs no batteries.  It was off for whole summer and still retained the settings when switched on.  That is cool.  You have to press a button to turn on the green backlight but it turns off automatically after couple of seconds.




Suntouch Programmable Floor Stat Model 50600-120R

1 comment:

The Handyguys Podcast said...

I love heated floors. I put one in my parents bathroom when I remodeled it. Good job