God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.


Monday, November 16, 2009

Used tea bags and tea leaves in compost along with egg shells. Tea party in compost.



We are tea lovers and most of the time drink tea instead of coffee.  I collect the used tea bags and tea leaves in a brown lunch bag.  I put some paper napkin on the bottom of the brown bag so that it soaks the liquid.  I did add some egg shells.  No white or yolk.  When ever the weather is nice and I go out for a walk in the yard, I take the brown bag with me and stick the bag in the compost bin.  It should be buried in leaves.  This will keep critters away.  Do not put meat or fish.  In this way you have no odor coming out of compost and you will have clean compost.  To make compost hot add some greens like grass clippings and turn the compost.








1 comment:

unsonny said...

i love using tea bags as well, makes me drink more tea!!11